Have you ever flown? Is it worth travelling by train? Let’s see!
At the airport:
- arrive AT_________(smaller place- school, park, hospital) / arrive IN _________ (larger area- city, country)
- check-in desk
- put your bags on the luggage belt
- get your boarding pass/ card
- full name
- departure time
- arrival time
- number of the plane
- number of your seat (aisle seat, window seat)
- number of the gate
- class (business, economy)
– go through the security check
go through metal detectors
screen your hand luggage
– get to the departure lounge
eat something in a cafè/ fast food restaurant
have some coffee, drink
do some shopping
wait for the boarding call
go to the departure gate
have your boarding pass checked
– board = get on your airplane
take off =leave the ground
board = get on the airplane
depart= leave the station
arrive at the station
Travelling to another continent, country, city
Have you ever flown by an airplane?
Where did you go?
What did you like about it the most?
How often do you go to another country?
How do you prefer to travel to another country?
What was the longest distance you have ever travelled?
How do you travel if you need to go to another city? Why do you choose that way?
How do you pass the time when you are on a train or coach? – doing crossword, reading, listening to music, sleeping, staring out of the window, looking at the landscape