Father: How do you like going to school?
Son: The going bit is fine, as is the coming home bit too, but I’m not too keen on the time in-between!
I.T. (computer science)
foreign languages ( English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Latin)
I like _______________because
- it is interesting
- it is useful
- it is important for my further studies/ further life
- it is easy to learn
- it is easy to understand
- the teacher is good
-knows his/her subject(s)
-can explain it well
-uses different and interesting methods to teach
-I like his/her personality – funny, strict, helpful, understanding, patient, kind, emphatic
I don’t like ____________ because
- it is boring
- it is not useful
- I don’t need it during my further studies/life
- it is difficult to learn
- it is difficult to understand
- the teacher is not the best
-doesn’t know his/her subject(s) well
-can’t explain his/her subject(s) well
-his/her lessons are boring
-I don’t like his/her personality- too strict, impatient, rude, makes the students embarrassed
- crèche – from 6 months to the age of 3
- nursery school/kindergarten- from the age of 3 to 6
- primary school/ elementary school- from the age of 5-11 or 14
- secondary school/ high school- from the age of 14-18
final/ matura exams (in the UK-GCSE)- Hungarian grammar, literature, history, maths, a foreign language+ a chosen subject
Two levels: ordinary (O) level, advanced (A) level
- higher education- non-compulsory
University/ college/ OKJ=vocational training (post-secondary, further education)
BA-Bachelor of Art
BSc-Bachelor of Science
MA- Master of Art
MSc- Master of Science
PhD- doctoral level
study for an exam
revise for an exam
pass- fail an exam
take/sit/ do an exam
cheat in an exam
I go to……..Don Bosco Vocational School in the ……..th district of Budapest.
I am in the ……. the year.
I go to a class specialised in …..
I attend the
- Assistant teacher of special education needs
- Caregiver and educator of young children
- Emergency medical technical
- Fitness-wellness instructor
- Financial and bookkeeping assistant
- Chartered certified accountant for businesses
- Practicing infant and child nurse
- Logistics and transport assistant
- Medical Masseur
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Tour Guide
The building of my school is quite old/new.
It has …… floors.
There are several special classrooms like an English lab, biology, physics, chemistry room, demonstration rooms
We have our professional practice in crèches/ ambulance cars/ hospitals/ spas / travel bureaus.
The school is well-equipped/ poorly equipped.
It has a friendly/ relaxed atmosphere.
It has a lot of great traditions.
The teachers are highly qualified.
There are small class sizes.
Learning as an adult:
- to keep up with the changes
- to improve your knowledge
- to learn a new skill to be promoted
- to learn a new skill to have a new profession
- to learn a new skill to find a workplace
- to keep your mind active
- to stay socially active