If we’d have provided transport for the 3 Wise Men to get to Bethlehem, they’d have been lucky to arrive before the Crucifixion.
= vehicles running on fixed routes at fixed times to carry a lot of people
- means of transport/ vehicles:
take a bus
go 2 stops
miss a bus
catch a bus
change to bus number
- buy a single ticket/ a block of 10 tickets, pass (monthly, quarterly, annual pass, discounted pass for students), travel card for 24, 48, 72 hours
- dodge the fare = using the public transport without buying and validating a ticket
- validate your ticket
- show the ticket to the bus driver or ticket inspector
What is the biggest advantage of the underground?
- it goes under the ground so can’t get into traffic jams
- it runs very often, especially in the rush hours
- it is the quickest means of transport
What is the biggest disadvantage of the underground?
- it can be very crowded, especially in the rush hours
- it only runs in the city centre (there are only four lines in Budapest)
What is the biggest advantage of travelling by a tram/ suburban railway?
- it goes on rails- really get into a traffic jam, really affected by accidents
What is the biggest disadvantage of trams/ suburban railways?
- slower than buses
- if something happens, it can’t overtake it
What is the biggest advantage of the buses?
- there are several routes for it
- it can reach every destination
What is the biggest disadvantage of the buses?
- can be stuck in a traffic jam
- can get into an accident
How did you come here?
How do you travel on daily basis?